Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited (hereinafter referred as “ABCPL”, “Us”, “We”) recognizes the importance of maintaining the privacy of every user (hereinafter referred to as “user”, “you”, “your”) who visits our websites. ABCPL places complete value towards your privacy / private information and appreciates the faith placed by the user. ABCPL’s foremost commitment is to be transparent about the data collected about its users as well as the use (if any) put to it by ABCPL including sharing with third parties.
ABCPL is licensed to operate and manage the websites of all group companies and networks and its subsidiaries that are operated under its aegis (hereinafter referred as “Company”).
ABCPL collect information directly from user(s), third-parties, and automatically through its websites/mobile applications.
ABCPL may collect personal information through registration for the Services which is for contests, polls, and ABCPL may also collect PII while users submit content and/or post content, download content, post comments, or send a feedback, etc., wherein ABCPL may require that users to supply certain personal information, which is limited and refers only to such data that lets us identify you by or in relation to such data, such as name, age, sex, contact number, email address and demographic information (area, location, IP address etc), ZIP/Postal code, preferences, location, and other identifying information (“PII“).
ABCPL collects limited information about user’s connection to the Internet, including IP address, when users visit ABCPL’s websites. It is pertinent to mention that such information does not identify a user personally and does not constitute as personal data under the Digital Personal Data Protection Act, 2023. ABCPL also collects and may store information that user’s computer or mobile device provides to Us in connection with the user’s use of ABCPL’s Services such as browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs. Additionally, ABCPL also receives information when user’s view content on or otherwise interact with its Services, even if users have not created an account. ABCPL uses this information to deliver its web pages and/or Services to users upon request, to tailor our website and/or Services to the interests of our users, to measure traffic on the website and/or Services. This information may also be used by our advertisers/third party companies to personalize content, ads, etc.
HOW ABCPL COLLECTS INFORMATION
- a) ABCPL may collect PII directly from users when they visit the ABCPL websites or mobile applications or they register for contests, surveys, polls etc.
- b) ABCPL may collect PII (whether users are registered or not registered) when users browse ABCPL sites/apps, open or respond to an email from us (promotional or informational),
- c) ABCPL may collect PII when user posts a comment on ABCPL website or raise a query/question to us through phone or email.
- e) ABCPL may collect PII from you using third party tools, browser cookies and web beacons in order to improve user experience.
- f) Device Information: ABCPL may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access the service, such as IP address, geo-location information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other information for the purpose of providing customized information on the browser.
- g) Location Information: ABCPL mobile application and websites may capture user’s PII such as current location if users choose to enable GPS feature in the app or browser.
Cookies are small text files which contain a small amount of information that is downloaded to users computer or mobile device when users visit a website.
When users visit the website again, or visit partner website which recognises that cookie, user’s device is able to communicate with ABCPL website and the website can read the information held in that cookie.
User can choose to accept or decline cookies in its browser settings. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but users can usually modify its browser setting to reject cookies if they prefer. Users may find more help about managing cookies in its browser, such as: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and /or any other browser. This may prevent users from having complete website experience by affecting the access to some of the links, services or features. Information collected by cookies and web beacons is not PII and does not constitute as personal data under the Digital Personal Data Protection Act, 2023.
HOW ABCPL USES THE INFORMATION
a) To Provide and Manage the Services User’s Request. We may use your PII to provide Services, provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of our Services. This includes, for example, processing user’s subscription, sending users electronic newsletters, or enabling users to participate in the features provided by the Services. It also includes providing personalized content and recommendations to users, including by email. Through such features, ABCPL is able to bring user’s information and content tailored to individual interests and needs.
b) To Reach Users: ABCPL may periodically use the PII to contact users with offers and information about the Services and our affiliates, including in connection with their accounts, online surveys, news stories, new features that users are entitled to access, and any other important information/ communication. Users may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from ABCPL by following the instructions contained in those email messages.
c) To Customise Advertising. ABCPL may use PII to facilitate the delivery of targeted ads, promotions, and offers to user, on behalf of ourselves and advertisers, on and off the Services. Users may opt out of receiving such targeted ads, promotions and offers from ABCPL.
d) Understand Readers and Users. The Services conduct research on user’s demographics, interests and behaviour based on the PII that ABCPL may collect. ABCPL does this to better understand and serve users, and to improve its own offerings to users.
e) To Protect the Rights of the Services and others. ABCPL may use PII in the event ABCPL believes is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, its employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable laws.
f) Consent. ABCPL may otherwise, for purposes not listed herein, use your PII with your consent and/or at your direction.
g) Uses. In addition to the aforesaid, we will use your PII for the following purposes: (i) for improving our Services and addition of features on our Services; (ii) provide targeted content based on your behaviour on our Services; (iii) push notifications and communications about the Services such as security alerts, announcements, updates and Services features in case You have enabled the receiving of such communications; (iv) respond to your queries, complaints and/or feedbacks through our Services; (v) further, it is understood and accepted by you that we may make public by way of reports, blogs, analysis, etc., all aggregate results and user statistics that support and depict our Services’ functioning, growth, reach, or success across any platform, digital or otherwise; (vi) improving/rendering our services, statistical, and/or any other purpose using artificial intelligence technologies and/or platforms.
HOW ABCPL SHARES USER INFORMATION
The following provides information about entities with which ABCPL may share the PII. ABCPL’s practices vary depending on the type of information.
- b) Business Partners: ABCPL may also share PII with business/channel partners to provide you with services that you request.
- c) Service Providers: ABCPL may share PII with vendors providing contractual services to ABCPL, such as hosting vendors, advertising service providers, and list managers. ABCPL also may share PII, for ease and convenience of users.
- d) Other Parties When Required by Law or As Necessary to Protect Our Users and Services: ABCPL may share user’s PII if it believes it necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, its employees or agents or users or to comply with applicable law or legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities.
- e) Affiliates: ABCPL may share PII within our family of affiliated companies and business associates.
- g) Other Parties in Connection With a Corporate Transaction: ABCPL reserves the right to transfer any PII it has about the users in the event that ABCPL sells or transfers all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization.
- i) Aggregated Data: ABCPL also may share other information with third parties in a manner that does not constitute PII, including, for example, aggregated data about how users are using our Services.
- j) Links to Third-Party Sites: ABCPL’s Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside its control. ABCPL is not responsible for the security or privacy of any PII collected by other websites or other services. ABCPL should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Your PII may be stored and processed in India or any other country, unless restricted by the Central Government under the Digital Personal Data Protection Act, 2023 or subsequent rules (as and when notified by the central government), in which We or our subsidiaries, affiliates, or products or service providers maintain facilities. We may transfer information that we collect about you, including PII, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country and, in some cases, may not be as protective.
Your Right of Withdrawal: You shall have the right to withdraw your consent at any time after sending a request mail to our consent manager at email@example.com (“Consent Manager“), who shall within a reasonable time from your request, take appropriate action required under the data privacy laws in your respective country. However, it is clarified that, such withdrawal shall not affect the legality of processing of the PII based on consent given by you before the withdrawal. Please keep in mind, in case of withdrawal of consent, we will have to close and delete your account and access details to the Website and/or Services, in whole or in part, in order to delete your Information and you will not be able to access the Website and/or Services.
Your Right of Grievance Redressal: You shall have the right to have readily available means of grievance redressal by emailing your grievances to our Consent Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org in respect of any act or omission of ABCPL or the Consent Manager regarding the performance of its obligations in relation to your PII or in relation to the exercise of your rights under the Digital Data Protection Act, 2023.
Your Right to Approach the Data Protection Board: You shall have the right to approach and make a complaint to the Data Protection Board in the manner as specified under the Digital Data Protection Act, 2023 or subsequent rules (as and when notified by the central government). However, this right should be only exercised after exercising your right of grievance redressal with the Company.
Your right to review, correct, complete, update your PII: You shall have the right to review, correct, complete, and/or update your PII which is being processed by us at any time, and upon your request made to the Consent Manager at email@example.com to correct, complete or update your PII, we shall within a reasonable time correct the inaccurate or misleading PII, complete the incomplete PII and/or update the PII as indicated in your request.
You have a number of rights in relation to the PII we hold about you if you are a user or individual residing in the European Union. These rights include:
- a) The right to access the information we hold about you, and to obtain details of processing;
- b) The right to withdraw your consent to our continued processing of the information, at any point of time, subject only to any legitimate reason for continued processing in certain circumstances;
- c) The right to edit your account information and preferences available with us;
- d) The right to seek from us your personal data to be provided to another company;
- e) The right to erasure of any personal data that we process, in certain circumstances, to the extent permissible in applicable law, and feasible; and,
- f) The right to move your information to another service provider, in a compatible format. This will only cover such information which we have received from you.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
ABCPL will retain the required PII from closed accounts to comply with law, avoid/check illegal and/or potentially prohibited activities and to enforce User Agreements; Comply with any court judgment / decree / order / directive / legal & government authority /applicable law; Investigate potential violations or applicable national & international laws; Investigate deliberate damage to the website/services or its legitimate operation; Detect, prevent, or otherwise address security and/or technical issues; safeguard the rights, property or safety of ABCPL and/or its Directors, employees and the general public at large; Respond to Claims of third parties; and take such other actions as may be permitted by law.
It is hereby informed to you, and you hereby agree that, no consent is required for the processing of any PII which is processed, however, we may give notice of use in such situations for individuals residing outside India (save and except European citizens or Users whose data is received directly from Europe, wherein the notice shall be served in the manner decided by ABCPL:
- a) for necessary purpose of research, archiving or statistical purposes if the PII is not to be used to take any decision specific to a Data Principal and such processing;
- b) for enforcing any legal right or claim;
- c) in the interest of prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of any offence or contravention of any law;
- d) PII of users not within the territory of India pursuant to any contract entered into with any person outside the territory of India;
- e) for scheme of compromise or arrangement or merger or amalgamation of two or more companies or a reconstruction by way of a demerger or otherwise or transfer of undertaking of one or more company to another company or involving division of one or more companies; and
- f) the processing is for the purpose of ascertaining the financial information and assets and liabilities of any person who has defaulted in payment due on account of a loan or advance taken from a financial institution, subject to such processing being in accordance with the provisions regarding disclosure of information or data in any other law for the time being in force.
USER RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
If ABCPL possesses users contact information, to keep users posted about its products, Services and events, and the users prefer not to keep up to date with company related news and latest information on services and receive such marketing materials, users may unsubscribe from such a facility.
We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We may also retain and use your information for business, statistical or other purposes as allowed under applicable laws in your respective country of residence.
We shall notify you in case of any security breach that affects You in the form and manner as prescribed under the Digital Personal Data Protection Act, 2023 and its subsequent rules (as and when notified by the central government). We endeavour to comply with applicable norms and have a number of security measures to ensure there is no loss, misuse, or illegal alteration of information collected from its users. Information we collect is securely stored within our databases, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices for protecting your information. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet or wireless communication and any information you transmit to Us you do at your own risk. If, despite our best efforts, an unauthorised breach of our security measures occurs, resulting in the unauthorised access, duplication, removal or alteration of any Information, third party information, or other information, and We, our directors, officers, employees, promoters, or affiliates shall not be held responsible for any loss resulting from such breach. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, you acknowledge that:
- a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the internet which are beyond our control; and
- b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed.
You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this Services. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose PII about children under the age of 18 or a person with disability. You must have attained the age of majority to be able to use and access our Services. If you are under the age of 18 or a person with disability, your parent or legal guardian has to ensure that appropriate consent is being given on your behalf, and you including your parent or legal guardian agree to indemnify ABCPL against any loss, damages, proceedings, or penalties initiated against ABCPL due to your failure to adhere to this obligation.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Company Secretary, Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited
First Floor, H. No. 8-2-337/G&G-1, Road No. 3
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, Telangana, India
REACH OUT TO ABCPL
In case of any grievance, You have the right to get your concerns or queries addressed through our internal grievance redressal system by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to our Consent Manager at:
Attn: Consent Manager
Company Secretary, Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited
First Floor, H. No. 8-2-337/G&G-1, Road No. 3
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, Telangana, India
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your PII if it changes. Also, depending on your location, you may have certain additional rights with respect to your information such as deletion (including the right to have ABCPL delete your personal information, except information we are required to retain, by contacting us at the address listed above), or we may delete your data if we are instructed to do so by our customers who export your personal information to us, except for information we are required to retain; and withdrawal of consent or object to processing (including, in limited circumstances, the right to ask ABCPL to stop processing your personal data, by contacting us at the address listed above).
For any complaint related to the services or content of this website the aggrieved person may raise the query/complaint within a period of 7 (seven) days from the date of first publication to the email id mentioned herein:
FOR Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited
(in the name and style of TV9)